THE PREMIER DESIGN AND REMODEL PLAN
After our initial meeting with the homeowner, we performed a thorough market analysis and let him know that the market price for the home after updates would be about $359,900. As the project came to a close, we revised our price, based on the finished product and recommended a list price of $369,900. This was a whole home remodel and took 8 weeks to complete with some extensive upgrades to the original floorplan.
This is a great neighborhood in a sought after area of Alpharetta/Johns Creek. We work in this area quite a bit and we were very familiar with the floorplans, comparables and recent pricing. Since the goal of this project was to update and sell the home for the highest profit for the seller, we recommended the design and remodel updates that would have the greatest return on investment up to but not beyond the point of diminishing returns. For this project, one such recommendation was to convert a loft into a 4th bedroom whgile still keeping the open feel. The sellers trusted our recommendations and approved the entire budget of $36,000.
The updates included:
- Full interior paint
- Painted kitchen cabinets and installed a new tile backsplash
- Replaced all kitchen appliances
- Replaced master bathroom flooring, painted cabinets and installed new tile in shower
- Replaced master bathroom granite and faucets
- Reglazed showers and added a frameless glass door in half bath
- Updated powder room
- Refinished existing hardwood floors, removed the carpet in the formal living room and installed new hardwood floors to match